Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One month down

The first four women's classes are in the books. Well, technically, they're in my handy little Sasquatch notebook. True story. The classes are going well, and Rachel gets a gold star for perfect attendance (or she would if I had any gold stars). Last night, there were 4 women in class, which is a new record. I was really excited to have 4 women last night because I showed my favorite armbar from s-mount. I'm figuring out the timing of things, and keeping another idea or two for each class in the back of my head in case I need filler. More often, I end up needing to skip something in order to make sure we have time for positional sparring. I've noticed that some women tend to bail at the end of regular classes without sparring, so I want to make sure that they're getting a little bit of that in this class.

Speaking of sparring, I'm back in that achy saddle. I sparred for the first time last Wednesday (5/19), and then again Monday and Tuesday nights. I'm taking tonight off so that I will be semi-fresh for tomorrow night, and then heading off to Orlando to look at a venue on Friday.

In other news, Brian should be able to officially destroy his crutches in a few more hours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed - the sooner he's off of the crutches, the sooner he can walk around and get things off of the top shelves for me.

3 comments:

  1. Out of interest, are they skipping the sparring because they have to rush home, or are they simply avoiding it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad to hear the class is picking up already! 4 is great number for the first month. Don't lose hope. It's a long haul to build up the female student base. Stay the course, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @slideyfoot - Most of them skip the sparring because they're teenagers and their parents pick them up right at the end of class.

    @Jen - I'm really happy with the progress, thanks!

    ReplyDelete