Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh, Canada.

So, I'm in Canada. It's sort of surreal. So far, I've hung out at MECCA MMA a lot, ran a double elimination tournament just for women (where we had enough women that not everyone got a medal!), and made it through the first day of a seven day grappling camp. Well, most of the first day, anyway...I didn't do the second training session today because my back is a little sore from traveling and standing on concrete for 8 hours yesterday. Plus, it was no gi.

Canadian things I've done, or will do:

I had a donut from Timmy's, AKA Tim Horton's. I understand this is a very Canadian thing to do. I didn't have a double double, though (which is coffee with 2 creams and 2 sugars), so I may not be getting the full experience.

I will eat poutine. This is a big deal. People don't understand that a lot of us have never had this.

I've met a LOT of grappling women, and got to catch up with some old friends. I'm really interested in seeing how I feel about BJJ after the week is over. Right now, I just feel like going to Sleepytown.

No comments:

Post a Comment