Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Some Vegas observations

1) Strippers, stripper-hopefuls, and former strippers (or those that should be former strippers) are everywhere.
2) Everyone smokes.
3) Thanks to the UFC, there were Affliction and TapouT shirts everywhere we turned.
4) BJ Penn has a lot of fans, and they all wear his shirts, too.
5) Vegas is not a good place to be a pedestrian.
6) Slot machines are boring after about 5 minutes.
7) There were more overweight cocktail waitresses than I expected.
8) The best thing about Vegas (that I saw) = lions inside MGM Grand. I could have hung out there all day.
9) The food that everyone raves about is really just okay.
10) It's not as easy to get lost inside the hotels as everyone claims. I suspect that has a lot to do with how much you're drinking while you're there.

Overall, I felt like Vegas is one of those places that you have to go to, so you can say you've been there. I didn't feel the instant love for it like I did for NYC, and I didn't feel the instant need to book another trip. I'm sure we'll go back again, though. Next time, we'll have to take in a show or two.

In other news, I am still sick. Boo.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Note to self, do not be a stripper in Vegas.

    4. GSP is way cooler.

    8. I'm taking you to my zoo someday.

    ReplyDelete