Thursday, January 8, 2009

More than BJJ

We're one week in to the new year, and I've trained 4 of 5 possible times. This is pretty good, I think. I didn't go to Trey's on Tuesday night because after training 3 days in a row, I figured taking a day off would be better than ending up needing a week off. It sucks to miss training with Trey, but he's covering our class on Saturday. I won't miss that.

As the title indicates, I'm actually doing something more than BJJ. Last night, I did 2 situps. Sure, that doesn't sound like much, but today I'll do 4. Tomorrow, I'll do 6. We'll keep going until we've added 2 situps for 100 days. It works out to 10,100 situps in 100 days. Oh, holy crap. What have I gotten myself into? In addition to that, I started the one hundred pushups training program. Last night, after bjj, I did 2 situps and then maxed out on pushups. I maxed out at 25. I think I could have done a few more, but my form was still pretty good at 25, and I just didn't want to do any more. Pushups aren't easy. Anyway, since my baseline is 25, I start at week three. You can read about the plan here: www.hundredpushups.com. Friday, I do something like 12 pushups, then 17, then 13, then 13 more, then max out, with a minimum of 17. I get a 60 second break between the sets. Yay. At least this program is only three days a week.

Brian is also doing the situps and pushups, and so is my friend, Jennie, in Virginia Beach. It will be interesting to see how long we stick with it (especially knowing how MANY situps we're going to be doing). I just figured out that our last situp day is April 16. That seems so far away right now. So very, very far. At the end of all of this, I should have great core strength and abs and crap though, right?

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if it would be better to do the www.twohundredsitups.com plan instead of the 10,100 plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing. Holy crap, but 10,100 is a LOT of effing situps.

    ReplyDelete