Monday, December 29, 2008

Things I'm pondering

I'm pondering what sort of quarter-sleeve tattoo I want to get. I know that I want to get one, but I have no idea what to put on it. I'm also pondering the best time of the year to get it. Should I do it when I have about 3 days to heal before going back to work? I don't really work at a sleeve-friendly place, so I'll need to keep it covered, but it needs to have air when it is healing. I guess that means I get the tattoo on a Friday evening when the following Monday is a holiday. Now, if I'm going to have to spend 3 days in sleeveless shirts, it will have to be warm outside. On top of these restrictions, it has to be a time that I don't mind taking a week off of BJJ. Maybe Andrew will teach rubber guard for a week. That would make the BJJ decision an easy one. Anyway, I want something feminine, but nothing from the 'top 10 tattoos for women', if that makes any sense. I'm toying with a magnolia blossom or a stargazer lily, except getting a flower of any sort still feels a little too girly to me.

Other things I'm pondering include which books I want to read next...right now, I'm reading Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara trilogy on Brian's Kindle. Next is Anathem on Brian's Kindle. Cory Doctorow's Little Brother is also on there, but I think I'm going to have to give the Kindle back one of these days. When I switch back to books on paper, I'll read The Mote in God's Eye (after Brian finishes it) and the Dune series. Oh, and there are two Lois McMaster Bujold books coming out in January and/or February that I want to read (part of the Sharing Knife series). I also have three or four more Ender books on my iPod to listen to soon. Ack...I almost forgot Singularity. If I don't read/listen to that soon, I think Brian might kick me.

Finally, I'm pondering the things I want my next cell phone to do. I've been pretty happy with the Blackberry 8830, except I can't watch videos on Youtube on my phone, and there's no camera. Now, I don't watch Youtube videos at my computer, so I don't know why I feel like my phone needs this functionality, but other phones can do it, so I want mine to do it, too. Features I don't want to give up include the various IM apps (although I would like ONE app for all IM clients, including Gtalk, AIM, and Yahoo), GPS that talks to me, fast web access, and Tetris. Qwerty is non-negotiable.

2 comments:

  1. It's your Kindle. Honest. I'm just using it indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete