Monday, December 15, 2008

So, I forgot that I have a blog.

That's right. I totally forgot.

Since the last time I posted, I thought I was going to have to have surgery on my foot, here's an update. No surgery necessary. It's been over 6 months, and my toe is still not 100%, but I'm back to training (sometimes) and I don't even have to wear wrestling shoes any more. I took the entire month of June off (and was really pissy about it, because I was finally in a good training groove through the spring). I came back to class on 7/2, and left in tears, because my foot hurt a LOT. I bought wrestling shoes the next day, and came back to class wearing those. Now, July is not wrestling season, and my feet are not man-sized. So, my very fancy wrestling shoes were a) for kids, and b) really obnoxious. Blue, white, silver, and black. For real. Oh well - they fit, and allowed me to train. So, I trained, babying my foot and hardly sparring at all for another month or so. Around August or September, I got into a gigantic BJJ funk. I hardly trained at all, because I was pretty frustrated with my foot (among other things). I am FINALLY getting myself back to training regularly, but I feel like I've lost about a year of training.

Now that I'm back to training, I'll try and be better about posting things here. It might even be about BJJ.

In other news, Brian updated www.educanines.com and made it into a Wordpress site. Wordpress truly does make you want to write. It's amazing. I've been posting a dog training tip there every day (Monday-Friday, anyway), and I love that I can schedule posts to appear on a schedule. I think I've written posts through 12/22 or so, and I have at least 15 more topics in the hopper, so to speak. I've missed the dog world. It's time to get back in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment